Professional Societies & Conferences
- Medical student membership in the ASA is only $10 annually.
- The largest meeting of anesthesiologists internationally that takes place in a different United States (U.S.) city each fall.
- Medical students from OSU have presented their research at the ASA annual meeting in the past.
- The MSD meeting occurs the Saturday of the ASA annual meeting each year. Medical students from every school in the U.S. are encouraged to attend.
- Medical student membership in OSA is free for medical student members of ASA.
- Medical students in Ohio are encouraged to attend this meeting, which alternates locations between Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus each fall.
- Registration is free for medical students, whether or not they are members of OSA.
Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference (MARC)
- A large conference consisting predominantly of research and clinical case presentations that takes place in a midwestern city early each spring.