Galina T. Dimitrova, MD
The OSU cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship is a 12-month program (July 1 – June 30) fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Two positions are offered each year. The program provides training in management of adult cardiothoracic anesthesia cases and development of skills needed to serve as a leader of the anesthesia care team. The fellowship, under the leadership of Galina Dimitrova, MD, fellowship director, offers a comprehensive and diverse opportunity to train at a world-class medical center.
- 12 months of clinical training (6-month cardiac anesthesia rotation; 1-month thoracic anesthesia rotation; 2-month transesophageal echocardiography rotation; 1-month cardiac intensive care rotation; 2-month elective rotation).
- Electives and research activities.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada should hold a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Applicants must be eligible for either a training certificate or a permanent medical license as granted by the state medical board of Ohio.
- Application materials from the eligible fellowship candidates are reviewed by the program coordinator, program director, and CT anesthesia director.
Salary & Benefits
Visit Graduate Medical Education to learn more.
Visit the application process page to apply for a cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship position with Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center. Should you have any questions, please contact Taylor Stein.
Meet Our Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellows
Learn more about the background and future plans of our cardiothoracic anesthesiology Fellows.