Department of Anesthesiology
Week of February 6th, 2017
The Department of Anesthesiology’s weekly e-newsletter will be distributed on Friday of each week promoting department activities for the upcoming week. To submit a news item, please contact Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu by Thursday at 12:00 pm
Do you know where all our department's policies/guidelines, compliance requirements and other useful information is accessible?
Click “Employees Only” (bottom of the page)
Depending on what computer you are using, you may be asked to sign in with your OSUWMC ID and password.
Meet your MOCA Part 4 requirements here at OSU. New Simulation courses will be offered in 2017 with discounts for OSU faculty.
Open dates include: 4/1, 7/22, 8/26, 12/2. More details at https://ccme.osu.edu Search "anesthesiology"
Sign up early as spots fill quickly. Contact Dr. Lipps with questions.
Jason Porter, MD
William Kelly, MD
Tuesday, February 7 CA1 Didactic Lecture
Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery – Dr. Bryant
Thursday, February 9 Morning Report
Admin – Dr. Rankin
Visiting Professor – Dr. James Hall
Friday, February 10 CA2 Didactic Lecture
Upper Extremity Nerve Block – Dr. Moran
Lower Extremity Nerve Block – Dr. Moran
Can’t make it to Grand Rounds?
You can watch Department of Anesthesiology Grand Rounds live by going to:
In order to receive CME credit, it must be watched live, and following watching the recording, send confirmation to: Sarah.Robertson@osumc.edu with what video you watched.
If you watch recorded videos on this site and not live, in order to receive CME credits, you must self-report this to the State Medical Board.
For questions, please email Sarah.Robertson@osumc.edu
1. Suren Soghomonyan1*, Nicoleta Stoicea1, Gurneet S. Sandhu1, Jeffrey J. Pasternak2 and Sergio D. Bergese1,(2017). The Role of Permissive and Induced Hypotension in Current Neuroanesthesia Practice. Frontiers in Surgery
Journal Name: Frontiers in Surgery
2. Gan, T. J., Kranke, P., Minkowitz, H. S., Bergese, S. D., Motsch, J., Eberhart, L., ... & Candiotti, K. A. (2016). Intravenous Amisulpride for the Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and VomitingTwo Concurrent, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trials. The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
3. Bergese, S.D., et al., Multicenter Study Validating Accuracy of a Continuous Respiratory Rate Measurement Derived From Pulse Oximetry: A Comparison With Capnography. Anesth Analg, 2017.
Rankin, Demicha, Alix Zuleta Alarcon, Suren Soghomonyan, Mahmoud Abdel-Rasoul, Karina Castellon-Larios, Sergio Bergese
Journal of Clinical Anesthesia , Volume 37 , 69 - 73
5. From Bad to Worse: Paraganglioma Diagnosis during Induction of Labor for Coexisting Preeclampsia. Sasima Dusitkasem, Blair H. Herndon, Dalton Paluzzi, Joseph Kuhn, Robert H. Small, and John C. Coffman. Case Reports in Anesthesiology Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 5495808.
6. Veizi, E., Tornero-Bold, M. and Hayek, S. M. (2016). Resolution of Intrathecal Hydromorphone or Morphine-induced Peripheral Edema by Opioid Rotation to Fentanyl: A Case Series. Pain Practice, 16: E94–E98. doi:10.1111/papr.12443
7. ‘Postoperative Cognitive Impairment in Elderly Patients.’ Geriatric Anesthesiology, 3rd Ed. 2016
Humeidan M, Deiner S, Koenig N.
8. Effects of Regional Analgesia with Ropivacaine on Neuroimmune Changes and Behavior Following Repeated Social Defeat in Mice
January Kim; M. Humeidan; M. Weber; B. Jarrett; J. Sheridan
9. OPTIMAL SURGICAL UTILIZATION WITH MINIMAL CANCELLATIONS AND COMPLICATIONS (OSUWMC2): AN INITIATIVE TO IMPROVE RECOVERY AFTER
MICROVASCULAR BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
Diana Wang; R. Skoracki; R. Tripathi; E. Abel; R. Bryant; M. Guertin; R. Harter; S. Moffatt-Bruce; M. Humeidan
Coffman JC1, Legg RL, Coffman CF, Moran KR.
Have you submitted an abstract, a paper, or a case report for publication? Have you presented a poster at a conference, lectured at Grand Rounds, or given a talk for Journal Club? Have you been published recently? Please send your scholarly activity to Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu.