Department of Anesthesiology
Week of January 30th, 2017
The Department of Anesthesiology’s weekly e-newsletter will be distributed on Friday of each week promoting department activities for the upcoming week. To submit a news item, please contact Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu by Thursday at 12:00 pm
Do you know where all our department's policies/guidelines, compliance requirements and other useful information is accessible?
Click “Employees Only” (bottom of the page)
Depending on what computer you are using, you may be asked to sign in with your OSUWMC ID and password.
Building Access Changes on OSUWMC Campus: Remember Your ID Badge
The main entrance of the James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, the Ross Heart Hospital, University Hospital, Dodd Hall, OSU Harding Hospital and the Brain and Spine Hospital are the only entrances accessible 24/7. All other entrances require an ID badge for after-hours access starting Oct 2nd.
These entrances also have an intercom to Security if assistance is needed.
It is important to wear your badge at all times for building access. Badges should be displayed visibly, above the waist, at all times. Make sure you are familiar with OSUWMC’s ID badge policy.
Meet your MOCA Part 4 requirements here at OSU. New Simulation courses will be offered in 2017 with discounts for OSU faculty.
Open dates include: 4/1, 7/22, 8/26, 12/2. More details at https://ccme.osu.edu Search "anesthesiology"
Sign up early as spots fill quickly. Contact Dr. Lipps with questions.
Amir Elhassan, MD
Andrew Rozmiarek, MD
James Cooper - James
Abigail Hanson - Ross
Kelsey Appelhans - UH
Tylor Degraaf – UH
Tuesday, January 31 CA1 Didactic Lecture
Anesthesia for Ophthalmic Surgery – Dr. Lowery
Thursday, February 2 Morning Report
Pediatric Journal Article – Dr. Beltran
Perioperative Surgical Home – Dr. Humeidan
Friday, February 3 CA3 Didactic Lecture
Cancer Pain – Dr. Tornero-Bold
Opioids – Dr. Tornero-Bold
Can’t make it to Grand Rounds?
You can watch Department of Anesthesiology Grand Rounds live by going to:
In order to receive CME credit, it must be watched live, and following watching the recording, send confirmation to: Sarah.Robertson@osumc.edu with what video you watched.
If you watch recorded videos on this site and not live, in order to receive CME credits, you must self-report this to the State Medical Board.
For questions, please email Sarah.Robertson@osumc.edu
1. Gan, T. J., Kranke, P., Minkowitz, H. S., Bergese, S. D., Motsch, J., Eberhart, L., ... & Candiotti, K. A. (2016). Intravenous Amisulpride for the Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and VomitingTwo Concurrent, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trials. The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
2. Bergese, S.D., et al., Multicenter Study Validating Accuracy of a Continuous Respiratory Rate Measurement Derived From Pulse Oximetry: A Comparison With Capnography. Anesth Analg, 2017.
Rankin, Demicha, Alix Zuleta Alarcon, Suren Soghomonyan, Mahmoud Abdel-Rasoul, Karina Castellon-Larios, Sergio Bergese
Journal of Clinical Anesthesia , Volume 37 , 69 - 73
4. From Bad to Worse: Paraganglioma Diagnosis during Induction of Labor for Coexisting Preeclampsia. Sasima Dusitkasem, Blair H. Herndon, Dalton Paluzzi, Joseph Kuhn, Robert H. Small, and John C. Coffman. Case Reports in Anesthesiology Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 5495808.
5. Veizi, E., Tornero-Bold, M. and Hayek, S. M. (2016). Resolution of Intrathecal Hydromorphone or Morphine-induced Peripheral Edema by Opioid Rotation to Fentanyl: A Case Series. Pain Practice, 16: E94–E98. doi:10.1111/papr.12443
6. ‘Postoperative Cognitive Impairment in Elderly Patients.’ Geriatric Anesthesiology, 3rd Ed. 2016
Humeidan M, Deiner S, Koenig N.
7. Effects of Regional Analgesia with Ropivacaine on Neuroimmune Changes and Behavior Following Repeated Social Defeat in Mice
January Kim; M. Humeidan; M. Weber; B. Jarrett; J. Sheridan
8. OPTIMAL SURGICAL UTILIZATION WITH MINIMAL CANCELLATIONS AND COMPLICATIONS (OSUWMC2): AN INITIATIVE TO IMPROVE RECOVERY AFTER MICROVASCULAR BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
Diana Wang; R. Skoracki; R. Tripathi; E. Abel; R. Bryant; M. Guertin; R. Harter; S. Moffatt-Bruce; M. Humeidan
Coffman JC1, Legg RL, Coffman CF, Moran KR.
Ferrara F, Staquicini DI, Driessen WH, D'Angelo S, Dobroff AS, Barry M, Lomo LC, Staquicini FI, Cardó-Vila M, Soghomonyan S, Alauddin MM, Flores LG 2nd, Arap MA, Lauer RC, Mathew P, Efstathiou E, Aparicio AM, Troncoso P, Navone NM, Logothetis CJ, Marchiò S, Gelovani JG, Sidman RL, Pasqualini R, Arap W.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Oct 24. pii: 201615400. [Epub ahead of print]
Have you submitted an abstract, a paper, or a case report for publication? Have you presented a poster at a conference, lectured at Grand Rounds, or given a talk for Journal Club? Have you been published recently? Please send your scholarly activity to Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu.